- Yes, yes, I did have writer's block. (Yes, writer's block IS the not-so-bright cousin of overthinking and procrastination -- bless her heart -- but we don't mention that in polite company, okay, sugar?)
- Yes, I did come up with something to write, but I'm enjoying a lazy Friday & quite frankly, I do not want to think.
- You also may be enjoying a lazy Friday & do not want to think.
- What kind of an inspiration would I be if I went around futzing up people's Fridays? That's not nice.
- I'm trying very, very hard not to be mean.
- It would be mean to ruin someone's perfectly good Friday.
- I won't be -- I just can't be -- that person.
- I shouldn't write today.
- I won't write today.
Friday, June 19, 2009
One of my earliest writing mentors advised me to counter writer's block by just starting a stream of consciousness thread. Whatever ideas come to mind, put them on paper, no idea is too bad, it might connect to something somewhere, just get it out, out of your mind, out of the pencil, onto the paper ... Yeeaaahhhh ... Mmmmm, no. *delete*delete*delete*delete*delete* Clancie had the right idea, but I just whipped up a wordstorm bigger than I'm willing to wrangle today. So, in the interest of full disclosure:
Posted by CCW at 3:26 PM