Sunday, March 21, 2010

Rainy Days And Sundays

my sweet escape
When it comes to Mondays, Richard and Karen were spot on. The Carpenters knew that the combination of rainy days and the first day of the work week are indeed a dreary proposition. And I, like so many others, agree with those songwriting siblings that they always get me down.

But rainy day and Sundays? Heaven.

Add a stack of books to get lost in? Nirvana.

And a little snoring ball of warm fur wedged in tight against me? Paradise.

I could continue to mix my spiritual metaphors, and I could certainly wax poetic about my love of the written word. And I likely will ... another time.

Right now, however, I'm going to drown in my deliciously delightful rainy day.




2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you - nothing better on a cold, rainy Sunday than curling up with a book and a cat! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until we moved (we're renting until our house sells), I had a porch to sit on while it rained. On the days I didn't teach, I yearned for rain, so I could just sit, knit, read, sip some steaming tea and listen. Of course, it always rained on my teaching days! Dog-gone it! I don't have my porch now! Sniff!

    ReplyDelete

I do a little happy dance every time I get a comment. Please, won't you contribute to that geeky deliciousness?

Related Posts with Thumbnails